Posted on October 15, 2013 by Jim Priebe
Tonight (Oct 16, 2013) at midnight Canadian Roots Radio will be off the air for a couple of hours due to maintenance on our streaming server.
Please be sure to tune back in during the wee hours. Listenership has been steadily growing over the past years and each and every one of you is important to us. As the Beverly Hillbillies would say, Y’all come back now, y’hear?!
Yours in Radio,
Filed under: New news you can use | Tagged: Canadian Roots Radio, internet radio, Jim Priebe | Leave a Comment »
Posted on September 18, 2013 by Jim Priebe
Canadian Roots Radio can now be heard on Live365! Check out our station page and listen live here: http://www.live365.com/stations/crrjim
Yours in Radio,
Filed under: New news you can use | Tagged: Canadian Roots Radio, internet radio, Jim Priebe, Live 365 | Leave a Comment »
Posted on September 15, 2013 by Jim Priebe
Today’s additions include songs from New Brunswick’s The Backyard Devils.
Tracks from Catherine Taddo’s Under Your Hood have been added to the NetBlues file. NetBlues showcases Canadian Blues music and can be heard nightly 10-11pm EST.
Yours in Radio,
Filed under: Musicians, New news you can use, Today's Additions | Tagged: Canadian Roots Radio, Catherine Taddo, internet radio, Jim Priebe, NetBlues, The Backyard Devils | Leave a Comment »
Posted on September 3, 2013 by Jim Priebe
I’m hosting my 2nd Annual ArtsCan Circle Benefit. A mini-festival of extra-ordinary musicians, this year’s line-up includes:
- Stouffville’s own Morgan Sadler winner Toronto Independent Music Award for Best Song
- Marianne Girard - Canadian Folk Music Awards nominee for Best Contemporary Singer, Marianne Girard is “a revelation, alternately bold and tender, with a voice unequivocally pure and joyfully unrestrained”. (Toronto Star)
- HOTCHA! Winner of two TIMAs (Toronto Independent Music Awards) Best Folk/Roots & Live Acoustic Category
- Jane Lewis & Sam Turton - ”Lewis has a voice that is both clear and full. Both musically and lyrically sophisticated, it’s an impressive debut.” —Barry Hammond, Penguin Eggs Magazine
- Pre-performance music by Stouffville’s gypsy-jazz trio Windsong.
EmCee Mike Burns, sound by Most Excellent Productions, coffee and treats by Velvet Sunrise Coffee Roastery
Thanks to our sponsors Betz Pools, Boston Pizza Stouffville, Long & McQuade, Whittamore’s Farm, Stouffville Free Press, P Dominque Plante Creative Services and Card’s Appliances
Tickets: $15, available at the box office online, by calling 905-640-2322, or in person.
Date: Sat Sep 21, 2013. Doors open @ 7:00pm. Show starts 7:30pm
Venue: Stouffville’s 19-on-the-Park http://nineteenonthepark.com/
ArtsCan Circle is a registered charity that sends teams of musicians and artists to engage children and youth in remote Northern communities in workshops in the arts. Through music and other creative arts, they hope to teach new skills, promote self-esteem and creative self-expression. More information about ArtCanCircle can be found at: http://www.artscancircle.ca/
Filed under: Jim Priebe Presents ..., New news you can use | Tagged: Arts Can Circle, Canadian Roots Radio, HOTCHA!, Jane Lewis and Sam Turton, Jim Priebe, Marianne Girard, Morgan Sadler | Leave a Comment »